Quartz Countertops. What to Choose?

Quartz Countertops.
Debating between quartz, granite, or another stone entirely for your new countertops? Here are all the ins and outs of Quartz countertops to make a wise decision on the matter.

What are Quartz Countertops Made of?
Quartz countertops actually aren’t made solely from quartz stone. About 5-10% of the countertop is made up of a polymeric or cement-based binder. The other 90% will be made up of various stones, including quartz.

The amount of actual quartz in a countertop can vary. Some countertops are made with a ton of quarts, while others are mixed with granite, marble, and other natural stones to give it the right look.

quartz calacatta countertops

Advantages of Quartz Countertops
Unlike granite or marble, Quartz countertops are manufactured. This means that they can have different styles, colors, and designs based on the current market trends. Quartz is also non-porous. This differs from granite or marble that need a sealer to protect the natural stone from staining.

Quartz is also low maintenance. Since the sealing is not required, all you have to do is keep it clean.

Disadvantages of Quartz Countertops
One of the only disadvantages to Quartz countertops is that you have to be careful with heat. A hot pan may damage the counter if placed directly on it. This is a problem only for Quartz slabs, not granite or marble.

Quartz is also typically the most expensive stone. However, with a smooth, beautiful design and no need for a protective coat, Quartz may be just right for you.

Sperkling Black granite tops

Which to Pick?
The decision between the different variations of countertops can be difficult. Think of your own personal design and lifestyle to help inform your choice.


Kitchen cabinets manufacturer.  Granite, marble, soapstone, dolomite, quartzite and Quartz countertops fabricator.