Quartzite countertops Pros and Cons
What is Quartzite?
Quartzite is a very hard rock that was originally pure quartz sandstone. (Do not be confused with Quartz brand name which is man-made product. Read more at www.factoryplaza.com/quartz-pros-and-cons) Through a process of high heating and pressurization, sandstone is converted into Quartzite. This process is usually related to tectonic compression within orogenic belts. These conditions recrystallize the sand grains and silica cement binds them together. The result is a network of interlocking quartz grains of incredible strength.
Advantages of Natural Quartzite Countertops
– Extremely hard and durable, harder than granite. 7 on the Mohs Hardness Scale
– More resistant to scratches and stains than granite
– Heat resistant
– Easy maintenance. No need to purchase expensive cleaners; a simple mixture of soap and warm water will keep the surface looking fantastic.
– Highly resistant to UV rays. Right choice for outdoor applications
– Natural unique stone. Available in a range of neutral colors. Gray and white are now the most popular color choices for kitchens countertops.
Disadvantages of Natural Quartzite Countertops
– It has a good resistance to stains but wipe out spills as soon as possible.
– More expensive than other natural stones. Buy direct from Factory Plaza & save thousands of dollars.
Is quartzite good for kitchen countertops?
Searching for the right kitchen countertop could be overwhelming for anyone. Your first step is to partner with an expert in the industry who will understand your needs and budget and help you find what is actually the best for you. Work with a countertop fabricator who is willing to walk you through your options and whole fabrication and installation process before pushing you into a sale.