Quartz Countertops Pros and Cons
What is Quartz?
Quartz is a man-made product. This “engineered” stone is made from ground quartz mineral (about 92 percent), combined with polyester resins to bind it and pigments to give it color. For some designs, small amounts of recycled glass or metallic flecks are added to the mix. Marble look Quartz slabs are the most popular choice for kitchen countertops.
Stone Professionals fabricate quartz countertops in much the same way as they do granite countertops: by cutting the shapes from the slab and then profiling and polishing the edges. Quartz is an extremely popular choice for kitchen countertops.
– Extremely hard and durable.
– Requires zero maintenance.
– Resilient to stains like juice, coffee, oil, wine or other liquids used in kitchen.
– Easy to clean with mild soap, water, and a soft cloth.
– Glossy sheen.
– Non-porous and excellent resistance to stains.
– Highly resistant to scratches.
– Great resistance to impact and cracking.
– Man made slabs are consistent in the color and pattern of each slab.
– Less resistant to heat. Do not put hot pans on Quartz countertops, it will discolor.
– Quartz material will burn with direct fire. Check Youtube video to see Quartz burning. The resin can only withstand temperatures of around 150 degrees and the heat may cause permanent damage.
– Sunlight will fate the countertops color. The resin and color pigments react to sunlight.
Where to buy Quartze countertops?
If you are searching for the company where the price meets the quality, and if you are looking for experts who will help you to make the right choice, we have good news for you! You have come to the right place! Factory Plaza is a leader in the granite, marble & quartz fabrication and installation industry.